How to simplify the value stream mapping process?
- Are your eyes glazing over just at the mere thought of value stream mapping?
- Are you finding it difficult to decipher your own VSM drawings?
- Are you up all night preparing for your VSM exercise?
If the answer to any of the above is a ‘Yes!!’, then we have the answer. A simple, yet effective, product designed to help you map out your value stream:
The VSM kit comprises of 27 magnetic, pre-printed designs that help you to map your current state and design your future state. There are 108 pieces in total. Four of the designs have a dry erase front. The Kaizen Burst, Supplier Icons, Process Box and Data Box can all be filled in and subsequently removed from the board intact, should this be required.
The kit comprises:
- 108 icons printed on high vehicle grade rubber backed vinyl.
- 27 different designs to cover your mapping needs.
- QR code which scans to a complete Case Study and Icon Glossary
The QR code can be scanned by any member of your team and gives access to the basics of value stream mapping along with a hypothetical case study to show how VSM works in practice. The QR code also gives a definition of all of the icons which is a valuable help to team members who are new to the exercise.
Value Stream Mapping is an activity that visualises inefficiencies in the process using symbols. It aims at process improvement and streamlining through waste identification and elimination.
It is meant to:
- Create a better understanding of the material and information flow
- Focus on identifying wastes and developing effective countermeasures
- Design a future state map
- Act as a stepping stone to all round lean initiatives.
Often teams find themselves losing focus on the actual task of identifying the wastes due to the complexity involved in the value stream mapping procedure.
Our VSM kit will help to:
- Acquaint team members with the basics of VSM
- Present the map in a professional and legible format
- Simplify the mapping process
- Reduce time spent on drawing the VSM
- Give the opportunity to store data using dry erase icons.
The kit should help to reduce the stigma around the complexity of VSM. It should allow for more team members to get engaged, as the icons offer a fun element to mapping. It should optimize your time, allowing more effort to be spent on the process and less time on the set up.
Magiboards will also be able to supply you with the right size and shape of magnetic whiteboard for your particular VSM needs. Contact Magiboards for further advice or assistance.