Magiboards is committed to protecting the environment. Manufacturing does not necessarily have to mean polluting and depleting resources and we ask our entire supply chain to help us in our objectives. In 2011 we will obtain ISO 14001 certification, but that is just the beginning. In the meantime we have written an environmental policy which serves as a letter of intent for management and staff and tells customers, suppliers and other stakeholders how we feel about the environment.
MAGIBOARDS ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
As a manufacturing company we recognise that we have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. This is caused by a multitude of factors, including but not limited to:
- The use of natural resources as input materials to the products we manufacture
- The use of energy sources used in the manufacturing process
- The use of energy sources for lighting and heating the offices and to operate communications and other devises in the company
- The use of fuels by the carriers that bring product into the company and take goods from the company to customers
- The emission caused by the operation and its processes
As a consequence Management and Staff of Magiboards are committed to continuous improvement in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
In this effort, environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will serve as the minimum standards of environmental performance.
Management rejects any notion that care for the environment implies a negative economic value for the company and promotes the belief that, ultimately, what is good for the environment is good for the company.